Get involved with PTO!
The aim of the Chehocton-Hancock PTO is to develop a better understanding among the Board of Education, school administration, teachers, parents and students by providing a base for communication and cooperative efforts which, in turn, will hopefully lead to a better education for all of our children.
The objectives of the local PTO are:
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, church and community.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- To bring into closer relation with home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social and spiritual education.
Community members are urged to attend and get involved in the local PTO.
NYSED: Information Regarding APPR and Growth Score
- The above link includes a memo from Commissioner King (NYS Education Dept.), with a FAQ regarding APPR and Growth Score resources.