The district has many educational, cultural, social, business, and service organizations which provide invaluable year-round assistance through academics scholarship awards and recognition of student participation in athletics, cultural affairs, employment counsel, rehabilitation work, and general support of school activities. Many memorial scholarships are offered to outstanding students or to those in need of financial aid. A partial list of these community organizations follows:
- Charles L. Read Foundation
- Hancock Community Education Foundation
- American Legion
- American Legion Auxiliary
- Hancock Fire Department Auxiliary
- Little League Baseball
- Rotary Club
- Lake Como Lions Club
- Hancock Alumni Association
- Wayne County Community Foundation
- Wayne Business and Professional Women's Club
Of special importance are the Charles L. Read Foundation, the Hancock Community Education Foundation, and the Gerald B. Leonard Memorial Award, which offer both graduates and prior graduates still in college, funding in excess of $56,000 annually.
Please take a moment to visit the websites listed on the right to learn more about these organizations.