January 6, 2023
Dear Parent or Guardian:
We will be administering the New York State Regents on January 24th – January 27th.
Due to New York State testing administration regulations, as well as the need to provide optimal test taking conditions, please review the following guidelines with your children:
• No personal items will be allowed into testing areas. Students should only bring appropriate test
• All cell phones and electronic devices will be collected.
• The use of any communications device is strictly prohibited. If a communication device is used, the
Regents will be invalidated, and no score will be calculated.
• There are no make-ups for January Regents examinations. Students must take these examinations
on the specified days and times.
• Students must remain for the entire testing period. (2 hours minimum and 3 hours maximum)
In order to receive a high school diploma, the New York State Education Department mandates a minimum requirement that students pass multiple Regents examinations. Your child may not be eligible for graduation until he/she satisfies all Regents examination requirements.
Therefore, attendance at the appropriate exams is expected. Students, parents, or guardians who have questions regarding state mandated testing requirements should contact Mrs. Joan Rice, school counselor.
If you have any concerns regarding the details of this letter, please call the Guidance Office at (607) 637-1309.
Thank you for your ongoing consideration and support.
Julie Bergman Joan Rice
MS/HS Principal Guidance Counselor