The month of October is flying by, and Halloween is fast approaching. We want to share our plans for Friday, October 30, 2020.
Due to continued concerns for COVID-19, the costume parade at the Hancock Elementary School, as well as all class parties, are canceled.
Students will be permitted to wear costumes at designated times during the school day and alternate activities, such as seasonal movies, are planned. Masks and face paint are not permitted because face coverings for COVID-19 are required to be worn, even with a costume.
We want to reinforce that participation in Halloween activities, including wearing costumes at school, is completely voluntary. As a district, we will ensure all students – should they choose to dress in costume or not – will feel equally included and respected.
For those students who choose to wear a costume, please keep the following in mind:
- Students must wear a COVID-19 face covering while in costume. No exceptions.
- Students are to bring costumes in a bag, labeled with the child’s name/grade. Students will be given an opportunity to put them on at a designated time during the school day.
- Costumes should not include masks or face paint as these can impair the required wearing of face coverings due to COVID-19.
- Costumes are to be school appropriate and are not to emphasize violence or blood and gore.
- Costumes should not include accessories, or any type of weapon (i.e. replica guns, knives, etc.) that can impact safety or mobility.
- Long costumes and inflatable costumes are not permitted as they pose trip hazards.
As always, we appreciate your support. Please contact the Hancock Elementary School at 607-637-1305, or the Hancock High School/Middle School at 607-637-1305, should you have any questions.
Mrs. Julie Bergman, PreK-12 Principal
Ms. Jackie Beamer, Director of Pupil Personnel