The Hancock Central School District will administer the Preliminary Scholastic Achievement Test (PSAT) on Wednesday, October 14, 2020. We are offering this opportunity to all students in grades 9, 10, and 11. Testing will take place in person. Busing will be available for students taking the assessment.
Students must complete a COVID-19 entry ticket, wear a face covering and adhere to social distancing and handwashing/sanitizing protocols while on campus. The assessment will start at 8:05 a.m. and conclude at approximately 11:45 a.m. Testing accommodations will be available for those students who have been granted permission to receive them from the College Board.
The most common reasons for taking the PSAT are:
- To receive feedback on your strengths and weaknesses on skills necessary for college study. You can then focus on your preparation on those areas that could most benefit from additional study or practice.
- To see how your performance on an admissions test might compare with that of others applying to college.
- To enter the competition for scholarships from the National Merit Scholarship Corporation (grade 11).
- To help prepare for the SAT. You can become familiar with the kinds of questions and exact directions you will see on the SAT.
- To receive information from colleges when you check “yes” to Student Search Service.
If you would like your child to take the PSAT, complete the permission slip below and return it to our guidance office by October 6, 2020. If you have questions, call the guidance office at 607-637-1309.
Mrs. Joan Rice
PSAT PERMISSION SLIP
Due date: October 6, 2020
Student Name: ___________________________________________ Student Grade: _____________
Transportation needed? Please circle: Yes or No
Lunch needed? Please circle: Yes or No