The aim of the Chehocton-Hancock PTO is to develop a better understanding among the Board of Education, school administration, teachers, parents and students by providing a base for communication and cooperative efforts which, in turn, will hopefully lead to a better education for all of our children.
The objectives of the local PTO are:
Community members are urged to attend and get involved in the local PTO.
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, church and community.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- To bring into closer relation with home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social and spiritual education.
- The above link includes a memo from Commissioner King (NYS Education Dept.), with a FAQ regarding APPR and Growth Score resources.